アナルコ・キャピタリズム研究(仮)ブログ

★無政府資本主義 ◆リバタリアニズム ■色々 ▼ロンドン生活

スポンサーサイト

一定期間更新がないため広告を表示しています

- | - | - |

私は民主主義を信じていません。あなたも民主主義を信じていません。誰も民主主義を信じていません。



何かのインタビューでミルトン・フリードマンが民主主義について語る部分。短いので書き起こしてみた。丸暗記式の英語勉強法ならこういうのこそ覚える価値がある。(一部不明な箇所があり訳も推定だが。)多数決の民主主義より優れたものとして全会一致的な契約である憲法を説明している。

Let's be clear. I don't believe in democracy in one sense. You don't believe in democracy. Nobody believes in democracy. You will find it hard to find anybody who will say that * * * * there is democracy interpreted as majority rule. You will find it hard to find anybody who will say that 55% of the people believe the other 45% of the people should be shot. That's an appropriate exercise of democracy.

(はっきり言いましょう。私は民主主義を信じていません。ある意味でね。あなたも民主主義を信じていません。誰も民主主義を信じていません。民主主義はどう見ても多数決ルールですよね?だけど55%であれば45%を撃ち殺していいと言う人がいますか?それが民主主義というものです。)

What I believe is not a democracy but an individual freedom in a society in which individuals cooperate with one another and in which there is an absence of coercion and violence. Now it turns out that democracy in the sense of majority vote is an effective means for achieving agreement on some things. On things which are not very important. Really important things we require much more than a simple majority. We require something as close to unanimity as we can get. That's why we have a constitution as well as legislated law.

(私が信じるのは民主主義ではなく個人の自由です。強制と暴力のない社会でみんなが協力しあう。民主主義つまり多数決は何かについて合意を得るための実際的な手段です。何かくだらないことについてでしょうけどね。でも本当に必要なのは単純な多数決以上のものです。できるかぎり全会一致に近い方法。それが憲法その他というわけです。)

さて下はデイビッド・フリードマンがGoogle本社を訪れて講演する動画。近未来の科学技術を予測した自著Future Imperfect について。こんなに明るく生き生きと喋る人とは知らなかった。ロースクールの講義もきっとこんな感じで引き込まれるものなんだろう。(ところで蔵さんは会ったりしてないんだろうか。私もカリフォルニアに行きたい。)以前書いたエントリに本のイントロダクションの要約がある。これだけ読んでおけば英語は明瞭で聞き取りやすいし話についていけるかもしれない。

★デイビッド・フリードマン紹介 | comments(0) | trackbacks(0) |

スポンサーサイト

- | - | - |
<<prev entry | main | next entry>>

Comments

Leave a comment










TrackBack URL

トラックバック機能は終了しました。

TrackBacks